Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving..

I know, I know... Episode Two of 'The Soap" needs to go up. I'll get to it, I promise...

But not today :)

I decided to attempt to turn this Thanksgiving into a family gathering (yes, I have completely lost my marbles), for the boys' sake more than anything. My in-laws have been trying to get out to the States for a visit since August of this year, but all of our schedules have been soooo crazy, that we were never able to make things fit. So I suggested they come over for Thanksgiving - the boys will be out of school, I am shutting down my business for a couple of days, so things should work out perfectly, right???

WRRRROOONNNGGGG - what the HELL was I thinking?

Both boys have been not exactly in the best space this past week - as they have both been feeling lousy. Now combine that with getting super revved up because of grandparents coming to visit, and you can imagine how much I've gotten done in terms of holiday prep these past couple of days. Nothing, nada, zippo.

I just shipped them off to their respective schools, and as soon as I finish this post, I am going to do my 'bat out of hell' drill..

All stress and craziness aside (and I am sure that many of you are just as harried and stressed out as I am right now), I do want to encourage all of you to take a little time tomorrow and just be thankful for what you have (yes, I'll practice what I preach..). I know that for most of us on the Spectrum rollercoaster, holidays can add an extra 'layer' (of stress, sadness, loneliness), but do try to let go of that for just a while. Try to just enjoy your kiddos and not worry too much about what the future will bring (you can all start doing THAT again on Friday).

And now I have to get my butt off this blog and get shit done!!

Blessings to all of you



Oh, and to my friend K S.. .. yes, Rutger Hauer is Dutch..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home