Thursday, November 30, 2006

Doing a little better....

Not that I have any more clarity in where this relationship I eluded to yesterday is heading.. but I am doing a little better with the whole situation today. I am confused, I have some big questions to explore and answer, but I decided that I do not need to do the exploring and answering right now. It's OK for once to not act (as I'm prone to do), but to actually wait things out...What ever will happen, will happen and it will happen for a reason...

One part of the issues in this particular relationship is that it was started under such different circumstances as where we find ourselves now. A lot has happened to us over the past 10+ years, and unfortunately more bad than good. And I think we both have very different coping mechanisms and very different ways of getting 'over' the bad stuff. I tend to try to learn as much as possible from the 'what happened' while at the same time not letting that same 'what happened' paralyze me; the other party dwells, almost wallows, in the 'what happened'. I can handle that for about 48 to 72 hours, but then I have to MOVE. I can't stand circling around a particular situation for months and months on end; my thing is 'accept it, deal with it, and move on'....

I was listening to a Billy Joel song in the car today, "A Matter of Trust", and a few lines really stood out ...

"Some love is just a lie of the heart
The cold remains of what began with a passionate start
And they may not want it to end
But it will, it's just a question of when.."

and

"I can't offer you proof
But you're gonna face a moment of truth
It's hard when you're always afraid
You just recover when another belief is betrayed"

and then also

"Some love is just a lie of the mind
It's make believe until it's only a matter of time
And some might have learned to adjust
But then it never was a matter of trust"


Hmmm. I am certainly recognizing a few things here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home