Friday, October 17, 2008

My Upcoming Respite..

Oh drat, and not drat... I may have to give up on the 'staying over on Saturday nite' thing..The boyos just got invited to a Halloween Party on that Saturday nite.. And I don't want them to miss out on a social invitation because momma decided to "check out"....


Going to attend THIS in a few weeks. Subject matter seems highly appropriate in light of some of Salamander's academic struggles, hmmm? (and I have enormous respect for Dr. O'Hara, so it'll be a nice bonus to see her speak again).

And even though the locale is only about 35 minutes from my house, I AM considering staying over in the area on Saturday nite. And that will then be my little escape/respite.. (bloody pathetic when you think about it.. the only time I get to go on an overnite [or more] trip on my own is when I'm attending an autism conference.. Sigh...Ah well, I take what I can get..)

3 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great conference. Can't wait to hear all about it.

As far as getting away, I hear ya! I'd give my eye teeth for one night alone! I'm actually considering attending the DAN! Conference in ATL... alone! OMG... what would I do with myself!?!? I haven't been alone for... gee, since well before Charlie was born (he'll be 7 next week). Weird how one day turns into one month, turns into one year, turns into 7.

Yep, gotta get to Atlanta alone.

 
At 10:48 PM, October 17, 2008 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Thanks so much for posting this info. I am going to print and read the Biomedical info.
When you go, make sure you order room service! Eat slowly and enjoy not getting up to serve anyone!

 
At 11:17 AM, October 18, 2008 , Blogger Renee said...

Your post is exactly how I feel about the Autism Expo that hubby and I will be going to THIS week, in Pittsburgh. David Kirby is the keynote speaker, and I am so excited to hear him talk.

I'm also excited at the idea of 2 nights alone with my hubby. (I am lucky that my BIL will be watching Michael so we can sneak away for some alone time)

And yes, it is sad that our only alone time comes at Autism conferences, but consider it multi tasking!

Jeanne, let me know if you are going to Atlanta. I've been thinking about it, but it would be a huge drive, and I'd be on my own as well. Would be nice to at least know one other person there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home