Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Today...

Salamander is home from school. He wasn't feeling good getting up this morning (and he was EXTREMELY clumsy), complained of stomach pains as we were walking to the bus stop, and then, just as the school bus arrived, threw up all over the sidewalk (poor guy - but hey, I'll be honest, I'd rather have the mess outside than inside...).

He took it real slow this morning, definitely withdrew into himself. Little to no voluntary speech, and what speech he has is more at a 3 to 4 year old level. Little awareness of his surroundings, little presence to basic safety (look before you cross the street, don't leave a store/house without letting me know), spaced out. clumsy, poor balance, very low energy.

All in all, he's very "mito" and much more "autistic" than I've seen him in a long time...

He'll bounce back, I'll get him back on track, I have enough experience with this phenomenon by now to know how it's gonna play out.

And "autism" is just another way of being, eh??? Well, maybe for some. So NOT for Salamander... His "autism" and the intensity of the presentations and symptoms are directly tied to his metabolism not functioning the way it is supposed to.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, January 16, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what she said! ;-)

Hey, cool moon widget! I need to get that one up on my site too!

 
At 10:08 AM, January 16, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

:)

Yeah, I needed a moon widget. I am getting caught off guard too much when 'full moon' approaches (which is when all HELL tends to break loose out here).

Follow the 'Get Widget' link....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home