Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sweet Potatey...

It's been an up and down week. Last nite by the time both monkeys were in bed and asleep, I was dead on my feet. But as usual, waaaay too wired to be able to get to sleep before my customary 2.30 am time. I was (and still am) worried about Salamander, and of course Potatey had picked up on my general emotional state.. and turned into quite a handful (he is only 4 after all.. ), which didn't exactly add in a positive way to said emotional state...

Today was different though.. not that Salamander was in any better shape, we definitely had another bumpy ride. However, -I- was in a better place emotionally, and that certainly had its positive effects on Potatey...

I had two rare opportunities today... I had to be on site at my client's for a while this afternoon to get prepped for a big deadline next week. The place was dead quiet (only one other "nutcase" had decided to come in for a while.. and I say this with the greatest affection for the "nutcase" involved..), so I ended up spending 3 hours ALONE with just my thoughts, my favorite music playing at full blast, while doing what needed doing....

Second rare opportunity occurred after the dinner crunch... I ended up spending almost 1.5 hours with just Potatey!! Sadly I hardly ever get to spend time with just him, as, especially when not feeling well, I cannot leave Salamander out of my sight...
Potatey wanted to take a bath before bed, and as Salamander was utterly engrossed in his movie, it ended up being just me and Potatey in the bathroom. Potatey happily splashed around in the tub while I sorted Mt. Vesuvius of Laundry. We chatted about Ninja Turtles, Lepricauns and Spider Man, Potatey showed me his shark and whale imitations, and before I knew it, it was 7 pm and time for Potatey to get ready for bed. It was the nicest, calmest, most relaxed bedtime I've had with him in quite a while (and Potatey nodded right off as opposed to the usual 'will you finally settle down and go to sleep' circus). I even sat next to Potatey's bed for about 10 minutes and just watched my sweet little man sleep....

Salamander ended up much calmer and in a much better space at bedtime too... In fact, it's only 8.20 pm and already "All is Quiet on the Upstairs Front"..

So dare I dream that the rollercoaster has bottomed out again and that we are 'on the way up'? Too early to tell.. and truth be told, we probably have further down to go (if past experience is any predictor...plus I've learned to read Salamander so well over the years that my mommy gut tells me that we are not 'out of the woods' yet...).

But right now, THAT is not bothering me too much. Tomorrow I deal with what happens tomorrow. For now, despite this having been an anything BUT easy day, I AM at peace (and actually sleepy.. unheard off for me at this time of the day..).

Maybe I should go for a third rare opportunity and actually get to bed at a decent hour?????



Nah....THAT would be pushing it way too much..


:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home