Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oy....

I was going to write for a bit last night, but ended up passing out on the couch... Which was kind of a blessing in disguise, as I've been having a hard time sleeping as of late.

So I had my first public speaking gig about my experience with implementing Dr. Yasko's genomics based protocol for my two monkeys. A very dear friend of mine has started a local biomed interventions support group and had asked me if I wanted to tell the group about how things have been going for us. She has asked me plenty in advance, but of course pulling my presentation together became the usual last minute scramble.. I had a blast though, the group was very interested, had some great questions, and it was just so nice to yack for a while (without too many interrruptions LOL) about something that I very strongly believe in. I really hope I get an opportunity to do this again.. we'll see.

So I definitely started off yesterday still riding a 'high' from the eve before. However, as we all know, once you ride the rollercoaster 'to the top', you ARE coming down again.. And oh boy, I sure did.

Certain aspects of my personal life are imploding .... again. None of the issues are new, it's the same ole', same ole'. I guess I have been kidding myself in thinking that a few things were improving. And in all honesty, they were. But now things are rapidly sliding back to where they were at last year October. And I am getting very frustrated with myself for letting this drag on, for keeping myself and the boys on this never ending see-saw. Why can I be so friggin' decisive in every other area of my life, take my wins or my losses, and move on, but am not be able to do the same for these issues???

And as I spent a good part of yesterday struggling with this question, an e-mail from the National Autism Association came in with a link to this poll. Oy... I did submit my response, and I DO think that the estimated number is very, very real.

Now today, I am still struggling with the issues I eluded to, and I am sure I'll continue to struggle with them for quite a while longer. But it is getting to be decision time, and I need to stop procrastinating....


But as people say 'After rain, there will be sun." A few very interesting things came my way. A link to Larry King's piece on autism (yeah for Toni Braxton and Suzanne Wright!!), and David Kirby's blog post in response to a comment that Katie Wright (Suzanne's daughter and the mother of Suzanne's grandson with autism) had made on the Evidence of Harm listserve. Things are ever so slowly changing for our kiddos. And that is a very good thing!!

And this will need to give me a boost to get through today. I will have a breather from the issues eluded to for the next few days, which will be good. And then Salamander will turn NINE this Saturday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home