Friday, March 07, 2008

Something to ponder..

Since all the brouhaha around that recent vaccine court concession started (yup, the one where vaccines appeared to have aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder), I've had quite a few questions from friends regarding the boys' metabolic disorder (of which mitochondrial disorder is a sub-piece) and whether or not I attribute the manifestation of this disorder to vaccines.

I really have to think hard about this.. as I can truly argue either way...

But in the mean time I wanted to leave you with two very interesting tables from a publication titled "Mitochondrial and Metabolic Disorders - A Primary Care Physician's Guide; Reprinted from a special supplement to Exceptional Parent Magazine" . I hope the tables transmit OK (the tables can also be found in this chapter.. look at pages 3 and 5; the whole chapter is a fascinating read, and I am sure many parents of kids with "autism" will recognize a lot of the symptoms...).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home