Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Flu Chronicles - Day Five

And Salamander and I are perilously close to loosing our minds...
We have been couped up inside since Sunday afternoon (all outdoor times I've had is my sneak in/sneak out 2 minutes in the am, 1 minute in the pm to the school bus stop w/ Potatey).

I get that he is miserable. I so get it. And I would give my right arm to speed the 'body destroying flu bug, clearing flu bug toxins from body' process along. But Momma Nature needs time.. (I am supporting Salamander's body in all possible ways to facilitate the healing process.. rest, fluids, good food, vitamins, supplements, as needed OTC medications, the works..)

Salamander is bored out of his skull. His voice is still very impaired (but a bit better today), so talking with me is not an option. His head hurts too much for reading. All he wants to do is watch TV. which I don't mind for an hour here or an hour there - but I will NOT let him watch TV the whole day. But that is not stopping him from asking, and asking, and pleading, and asking, and demanding, and asking again...

He was a little bit better this morning. He slept like a log from 8.45 pm until 7.40 am; only got up once to go pee. Didn't cough ONCE. Had some color back in his face. But from the moment he got up, he has been hacking and hacking and hacking. So now he's looking quite grey/yellowish again. What he really needs to do is curl up on the couch with a bunch of blankets and his favorite stuffed toy, and sleep, and sleep and sleep. Which HE does not want to do as he wants to watch TV....

Ugh..



I told him he couldn't watch TV. Told him to go lay down on the couch with a Comic Book for a bit. To give his body the rest it needed.

About 5 minutes ago, the book hit the floor with a dull thud. And my baby is sound asleep on the couch... not coughing, breathing softly.. Sleep, baby, sleep. It's the best thing for you now...


I hope he stays asleep for about an hour or so. And then I'll have to get some vitamins and fluids into him and then I'll have to drag him with me to the grocery store (as I am running out of all kinds of stuff) and then to school to pick up the work he's missed over the past days...

[and maybe I can even do a quick trip through the Starbucks drive-thru...Yes, I am totally pathetic, I know...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home