Friday, February 15, 2008

Huh???

So here I am, attempting to relay the craziness of the past 36 hours in the boyos' life (post on THAT here) in Reader's Digest format to the person who, you'd think, would have an enormous vested interest in anything that goes on in said boyos' life.

[Why the Reader's Digest version? Let's just say that I have to contend with serious attention span issues whenever this person and I attempt to engage in conversation on matters that do not pertain to himself, himself, and, oh did I mention, himself?]

I haven't even made it through BIG CRAZY EVENT NO 1, when I hear from the other end of the conversation: 'Oh, I now work with this really neat woman. She has a huge apartment in Big City X and a second house in Popular Waterfront Location on Cape Cod Y.'

WHAT THE F??? [I was actually STUNNED into silence.. and those of you that know me know that THAT doesn't happen easily..]

You know what? If I wasn't spending the equivalent of a year's worth of tuition at a Top 10 college PER YEAR in ensuring that OUR boyos have the best possible chance at living a healthy, happy, productive and LONG life, then I'd be able to spend money on beautiful apartments and second homes too.

Gimme a break.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home