Friday, March 14, 2008

Crazy A$$ Week...

As I predicted earlier this week, this has been one crazy week (in a good way..), and the week ain't over yet!!!!

It's been a really long time that I am going into a weekend feeling somewhat in control (famous last words.. wanna bet that in an hour or so it all goes to H E L L in a hand basket???).

A quick summary of good things, in completely random order:

1. Days getting longer and warmer. Spring is on the horizon (TG!!!)

2. The sunroof in my car, and Bruce Springsteen as loud as I can possibly stand it on my CD player.

3. An ever growing circle of friends in all shapes, sorts, sizes and bends (ah, the spice of life) whom I can rely on for pretty much anything at anytime. THANK YOU!!!!!

4. Skype video conferencing software!!! OMG, this is so much fun!!! I got it for business reasons, but 'test drove' the whole thing this afternoon with a few friends across 'the pond' (also known as the Atlantic Ocean). I am still enough of a girl to not be too pleased with how I looked on video, but I'll have to get over that..

5. Watching my boys grow up and mature and realizing that they will be awesome men one day.

6. Salamander getting invited for TWO play dates this afternoon and actually having to make a choice as to where he could go.

7, Seeing the progress Salamander has made over the past 3 - 4 months reflected in his report card and in his IEP progress report.

8. Starting gigs with two new clients involving some really cool technologies (and I LOVE the people I work this, so that's another big plus).

9. Despite all that has happened in the past 15 months (and I am sure much more will happen in the next 15), I continue to keep an open mind, and I am trying my darnest to keep my heart open as well (note to those that have stepped on my heart one too many times.. sorry, but you're SOL.. )

10. Being strong in body, mind and spirit. I could have so easily just 'given up'. I don't know why I didn't. Pigheaded stubbornness and the aforementioned circle of friends has a lot to do with it, I think.

11. Having grown and grown up a lot in the past 15 months. There were quite a few people in my life who were way too found of telling me what I should be wanting out of my life. Needless to say, these people have now been relegated to a much much smaller role (and I think all parties are happier for it). 'Cause you know what? It doesn't matter what other people think I should be wanting. What matters is what -I- want (with the understanding that my boys' needs and wants will always, always, always, always come FIRST. And to those of you who think that's the wrong approach to take? Guess what, this is MY life and it works for my boys and me).

12. Watching a group of people, who are in a variety of tough spots themselves, rally and pretty much give the shirts of their backs to support a family in need. BECAUSE WE CARE. And it's as simple as that.

13. Having 'kissed' my very high credit card debt 'Goodbye' as of today!!!!! (this took some effort and an enormous amount of creativity, but it's DONE. Now let's hope that I won't have to go into debt like that EVER AGAIN).

14. Feeling at peace and knowing that whatever life throws my way again, I'll handle it.

I could go on like this for a while (and I may be adding to this at a later time), but I am going outside for a bit to 'just play'.

PEACE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home