Friday, March 21, 2008

Starbucks Wisdom..

on my Caramel Macchiato cup ...

Wild animals often do a much better job of caring for their offspring than we civilized and educated humans do.

(partial quote; Lee Grogg, The Way I see it # 265... emphasis in italics added by me)

No sh#t eh? Just listen to the stories on TV, or read the stories in the newspapers describing the most horrific abuse that "civilized and educated humans" will perpetrate on their offspring. With the majority of the perpetrators showing absolutely no remorse...

And along those lines.. what is up with all these people commenting to me under their breath, as I am herding my kiddos through the store today, 'Don't you love those days that the kids are home from school?'

As a matter of fact, I DO love those days (now they are certainly not always 'event free')... I like being with my kids, and I pride myself on that feeling being mutual (which doesn't mean we don't drive each other crazy at times).

I've said it before and I am going to say it again. If you can't deal with a 24/7 commitment to your kids for many many years to come, then don't have them. Period. It IS a choice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home