Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's Incredibly Late (or Early..)

and I am incredibly wiped, so I won't be staying on long. I think I am going to take part of tomorrow morning 'off' from more sessions, so I can catch up on the blog and post my impressions for Saturday.

Emotionally I was in a bit of a better space, but things still 'hit' me every once and a while.. I think what is happening is that these conferences tend to throw me back to the 'what happened to Salamander'. And it is so God Dang painful to go back to that, to go back to how bad things were for such a long time and how a lot of the really bad stuff could have been, should have been avoided....

See, I don't really allow myself to 'go back in time' too much.. doing that serves no purpose, what is done is done, I can't change the past, all I can do is stay in the here and now, and use today, right now, this minute to do things I can do now.. and to then go forward from there..
I am not doing a very good job articulating this right now, I am beat.. I will either edit this post tomorrow, or add to better explain myself.

There were several awesome sessions today. Dr. Wakefield's story (The Lesser Truth) just absolutely blew me away (think Medical Suspense Thriller), and then of course, my personal highlight of this conference was Dr. Amy Yasko's marathon session this afternoon.

Now imagine my delight when in one of her presentation's Dr. Amy introduced The Invitation as 'one of her favorite poems'...
Now WHAT are the chances of that??? So I am pulling a post of mine about The Invitation to the top......

More coherent thoughts (Bwahahahaha!! Well, a girl can dream, can she not) later...

G'night..

###########

I think I finally stumbled upon the PERFECT articulation of my philosophy to life and my relationships with other human beings. This poem is ME, in every fiber of my being.

Excerpts from The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer that especially resonate...


I want to know if you can sit with pain
mine or your own
without moving to hide it
or fade it
or fix it.


I want to know if you can be with joy
mine or your own
if you can dance with wildness
and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes
without cautioning us
to be careful
to be realistic
to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me
is true.
I want to know if you can
disappoint another
to be true to yourself.
If you can bear the accusation of betrayal
and not betray your own soul.
If you can be faithless
and therefore trustworthy.

[..]


It doesn’t interest me
to know where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up
after the night of grief and despair
weary and bruised to the bone
and do what needs to be done
to feed the children.


[..]


I want to know if you can be alone
with yourself
and if you truly like the company you keep
in the empty moments.

Peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home