Friday, July 25, 2008

A Really Neat Young Lady

A very dear friend pointed me to a blog that's kept by an 11 year old young lady who follows the SCD diet.

I copied a little bit from her intro on her blog, and I am adding her blog to my blog roll. Go check her out will ya?

From Ann Bailey Kerr's blog:

Hello, I am Ann Bailey Kerr. I'm eleven years old. I'm on the fifth stage of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

[snip]

Let me tell you my vicious cycle. My journey began when I was one and recieved the MMR vaccine, little did we know it would change my life. As I got older I grew sick all the time, bladder infections, dark circles under my eyes, bed wetting, rashes on my cheeks and arms, weak muscles, joint pain and yes the big one diarrhea and gut pain. My pediadrician kept telling my mom that I would out grow it, there was nothing wrong. By age seven I was a couch potato. I had no energy, my joints and muscles ached, my gut hurt, I had diarrhea five to ten times a day. At this point my mom was crazy out of her mind trying to find help for me.

[snip]

Then a friend from church that had a son with many of the same symptoms had found a DAN Doctor (Defeat Autism Now) with great results. It took eight months to get an appointment, but finally we got some answers, with much blood, stool and urine testing.

[snip]

We had to heal the gut, in February of 2008 my DAN Doctor recommended the Specific Carbohydrate diet introduced by Elaine Gottschall who wrote "Breaking The Vicious Cycle," a must read before starting this diet. I am now five months into the diet, taking cod liver oil, zinc, magnesium, multivitamin, and yogurt everyday. In those five months my dark circles are gone, no more bladder infections, no rashes, no wetting the bed, my joints and muscles are 100% better and most of all NO dirrhea or gut pain!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, July 25, 2008 , Blogger hopefaithbelieve said...

How interesting to get, firsthand, how the diet is working. What a great young lady.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home