Sunday, August 17, 2008

On Fear and Memories...

7:50 pm Update:
Earlier this afternoon I wrote: "So there you have it: Today I am going to spend in a conscious state of creating meaningful moments that live on. Memories matter.. a LOT"

I am absolutely delighted to report: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!


So yesterday was not so good....and what made the downs and ups harder to deal with is that I operated from a place of fear.. and I said it before "Fear is the Mind Killer*. I HAVE to get better at simply NOT going down that path. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Right now, today is good. Salamander and Potatey went for a 2 mile bike ride this morning and they had a blast. I'm doing my usual Sunday cooking marathon and am making good progress (tomato ketchup - CHECK; steak - CHECK; ice cream (egg based) - IN PROGRESS; chicken, meatballs, burgers - NEXT IN LINE). It's a gorgeous day outside, so in a little bit we'll head out to the neighbor's pool for a splash fest. And whatever happens today, happens. And that's all there is to it. And at the end of today I am going to remember the good parts of this weekend. And I will try to forget about the bad parts (or at least not let the bad parts paralyze me)

On my coffee cup this morning, I found the following *pearl*:

The way we get to live forever is through memories stored in the hearts and souls of those whose lives we touch. That's our soul print. It's our comfort, our emotional nourishment at the end of the day and at the end of a life. How wonderful that they are called up at will and savored randomly. It seems to me we should spend our lives in a conscious state of creating these meaningful moments that live on. Memories matter. Leeza Gibbons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home