Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two More Things..

Opinion question.. I've been toying with the idea of linking the blog up to a larger website. I have so many articles, presentations, book references related to autism, biochemistry, remedial therapies, supplements we've tried and why they didn't work for the boys, supplements that worked really well for the boys etc etc that are just sitting in a pile on my computers, on my desks, spilling out of binders, crumbled up in the trunk of my car.....I could incorporate all of those in the blog of course, but I am not that crazy about the sorting, organizing and archiving features of a blog. I think an actual website (with pages and all) would work better..
I have an opportunity to build my own website and run it for free for a month. Whaddayathink? Should I give it a whirl?

Secondly.. I had to be upstairs for a bit while my boys stayed downstairs. They were playing with their LEGOs, so I figured they'd be OK. Plus I told them where I was and to come find me if they needed help. I was upstairs for maybe 10 minutes or so when it got suspiciously quiet downstairs.. Waaaay too quiet..... So I snuck downstairs and found both my boys snuggled up on the couch reading a book together.. well, Salamander was reading it to Potatey, and Potatey was listening very intently....
Why did this give me this warm fuzzy feeling inside? For the past week or so, Salamander has not been able to tolerate Potatey within a 3 foot radius near him. The fact that they actually sat together all snuggled up tells me that, whatever may be going on with Salamander, we're through the worst of it again and that Salamander (the REAL Salamander) is coming back, and that we'll be OK...

OK off to play for real now...The backyard is calling us...

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, August 20, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is those rare moments that set our hearts aflutter!

I am glad that you were able to witness that quiet time. Things are surely looking up!

As far as your wb-site idea - i think it is great as long as you can keep it up. The more resources available out there the better!

Good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home