Saturday, September 06, 2008

Boys and I

had a wonderful time messin' about in the kitchen earlier today. Pics at the end of this post..

Tropical storm Hannah so far hasn't been too bad. Just an enormous amount of rain (my 2-season porch is flooded...), and somehow something was hurled into one of my kitchen windows and spiderwebbed it (debating whether or not I should remove the broken glass...there's a screen in between the spiderwebbed glass and the inside of my kitchen, but still, I'd rather NOT have shards of glass zipping through my kitchen in case the wind DOES pick up..).

We'll see what tonite brings and then we'll take it from there...




So who says there's no fun to be had with gluten free, casein free, soy free, nut free, egg free, potato free, corn free, yeast free brownies??? (yeah, those *regular recipes* are for ninnies).


NAMASTE

6 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, September 06, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny and too cute!! What a great moment to capture with Z's arm around Potatey. They look so peaceful.

 
At 10:58 PM, September 06, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Thanks!!

Yeah, today was a good day. I took that pic after I got home from our meeting this afternoon.. they were indeed very peaceful (and very snugly with each other)...

 
At 11:20 AM, September 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuties! Please tell me you are using Namaste Brownie Mix...? If not, you really should consider posting the recipe. The batter looks delish! :-)

 
At 2:27 PM, September 07, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Yup, the Namaste Brownie Mix it is... Use about 1 cup of pear sauce instead of eggs.

So far, I've had to guard the actual finished product with my LIFE, if I want to have any *left overs* for lunch box treats this week...If it were up to the boys, they would have polished everything off by now.

Today I made tomato soup from scratch (tomatoes are coming in now at my farming co-op) Salamander just had TWO full bowls for lunch!!

(I know, I know.. tomatoes are high glutamate/high salicylate food, so I do need to watch Salamander's total intake)

 
At 8:25 PM, September 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm! Tomato soup! You really should start a recipe section on your blog P... in all of your spare time, that is. ;-)

 
At 9:48 PM, September 07, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Ha!! Do I have a surprise for you!!!

(you just gave me the nudge I needed to execute on an idea I've had for a while..)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home