Tuesday, September 09, 2008

F#CK..

'scuse the *salty* language, but you'll understand soon.

Never a dull moment in this joint.

Remember that cracked sunroof I wrote about a while ago? Yes, the one that was supposedly temporarily fixed until I have the money available to pay the car dealership their ridiculously high prices for having the burned out motor replaced? Yeah, that one.

Well, the mechanic that supposedly manually closed my sunroof (as it was stuck in the open position) didn't close it all the way. We had tropical storm Hannah come through over the weekend and I had my car parked OUTSIDE, as my garage is right underneath a very old tree (aka park car in garage during storm and run risk of car turning into pancake). So I get in my car today around 12.30 pm to rush to a client and what do I find? One full inch of water covering the floor of my car. NASTY!!! So here I am in my dress shoes and dress pants that obviously I do NOT want to get all wet and disgusting. Let's just say I got creative and managed to keep my shoes and dress pants nice (and that's all the detail you'll get.. LOL). So tonite, after the boys are in bed, I'll have the lovely job of attempting to pump all that water OUT of my car.

Then in the mail today comes a letter from my mortgage company informing me that some schmuck that used to work for said mortgage company sold my personal information (yes, you can guess where this is going) to a third party and that I should very carefully monitor any and all financial transactions to be on the look out for you-know-what. Lovely (especially as I've worked my butt off over the past 6 to 9 months to RESTORE my credit rating..). Yeah, yeah, the mortgage company has offered up assistance, and I WILL take them up on that offer.

Some really good stuff happened too. I'll make that a separate post.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, September 09, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Just (re)surfaced from an attempt to clean up the putrid swamp (don't know 'bout you, but my kids spend quite a bit of time in the car, so they do eat in the car, and the food doesn't always end up INSIDE the kids). Right now I'm thinking CLUSTERF#CK!!

I'm going to have to make a serious go at getting things dried out tomorrow, and then I'll have to get the car detailed (which is basically flushing money down the loo, as mud season will be upon us in another 2 months). I cannot have the car turn into a mold petri-dish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home