Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh What Fun...

Results of my check-up are currently very much a mixed bag. I have a bunch of follow-up appointments to schedule and get the necessary results to either rule things in, or out (thyroid,;a full work up on 'the girls' because of 'lumpy bumpies'; and a follow up on a 'bump' in my lower abdomen for starters).

Salamander came home severely hypoglycemic (somebody forgot to make sure he had his afternoon snack..GRRRRRR.. The kiddo has only been hypoglycemic for what, 8+ years? You'd think that the importance of 'eating something every 2.5 - 3 hours' would have sunk in by now?). Yup, acetone breath and a bad migraine, followed by projectile vomiting all over the bathroom and the kitchen. Oh joy.. I had kind of blanked out how much fun it is to clean up 'acetone' puke.

Shortly after dinner time, Potatey's cough turned into this wet, soppy, croupy, "I am hacking up a lung" cough, so he's been having a terrible time going to sleep. He's asleep now, but no guarantees that he'll stay asleep.

Salamander at bed time still had a headache and was still feeling a bit nauseous. And he was doing his OCD/anxiety 'going over all the fire hazards in the house' thing.

To top off 'the fun', I found a note in Salamander's backpack informing me that head lice are making the rounds in school again...

So my day that started with three big loads of peed in laundry, is going to end with one big load of pukey laundry.

Sure brings back memories of the 'old' days (well, maybe not so old)...

TMI? Too bad...

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, March 12, 2009 , Blogger Renee said...

I just wanted to pass out a hug or three. I know it's hard, but your guys have come so far. Don't let anyone or anything take away from that.

Even typical kids have setbacks. Our recovering kids' setbacks seem more dramtic, but just imagine how you would have handled yesterday without your full initiation into the warrior mom's club. You are doing so awesome, and your kids are doing amazing. Don't ever lose sight of that, and it will get you through anything.

 
At 10:38 AM, March 12, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, I really DID sound like a major league 'crank' last nite, didn't I? Well, I guess I needed to let it out.

Thanks Renee. Thanks.

Today's a better day. The sun is shining (it was dreary rain all day yesterday), there was NO STINKY laundry (NONE, NOTHING!!) this am, Salamander was completely and utterly 'on' this am, and Potatey's cough sounded much better.

I'm working until about 1.30 pm today (paying work, so GOOD) and then I'm taking Salamander to tutoring. I'll be usign the time he's in his tutoring sessions to either get the download on the results of his retesting, or I'll be using that time to schedule my follow-up doc appointments.

Going back to work now.. I'll catch you all later..

 
At 1:30 PM, March 12, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, doll .. glad today's better cause that sounded like a whole lot of no fun.

hoping the lumpy bumps and bumpy bumps turn out to be nothing. i've been down that road recently and i know it can be nerve wracking, but most of the time it's just our bodies doing their thing.

 
At 6:27 PM, March 12, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thyroid check (specifically TSH) came back completely normal. Now I know enough about thyroid dysfunction to know that normal TSH still doesn't tell you a whole lot about T3/T4 conversion, and as I've had thyroid problems in the past, I do need to keep an eye on things/think about what naturals I can take to support the thyroid.

But overall, I am taking this very normal TSH value as a good sign. Let's hope the trend continues with all other test results.

More later..Feeding time in the zoo..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home