Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On Nasty Anonymous Comments...

As you know, I have shut down the ability to leave comments anonymously, as my philosophy is "If you've got something to say, you should feel comfortable attaching a name to it."

And while I do realize that not all of my readers have a google/wordpress or other blog platform account, I haven't heard from anybody telling that they were major league inconvenienced by me shutting down the anon commenting feature.

And lo and behold, no more nasty comments since I made the decision to shut down anonymous commenting.

Now I have a pretty good idea as to who the nasty commenter(s) was/were, and the person(s) apparently has/have been hitting quite a few of my favorite blogs as of late. Latest 'victim' was Michelle O'Neil. I'll let Michelle do the talking, she sure has a way with words doesn't she?

And I wanted to stand up and applaud when Michelle indicated that, just because our kids have improved/are improving and while that may be hard on a person whose child(ren) have not improved, us moms of kids that improve do NOT deserve the nasty venom that's being thrown at us.

Autism can be an ugly thing. I've lived through many years of ugliness with Salamander (and I will never take how much he has improved/changed for granted; and I will also do WHATEVER IT TAKES to not ever go 'back there').

Jealousy is an ugly thing too.

Autism & Jealousy??? Brrrrr....

3 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, March 11, 2009 , Blogger Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Amen to that. And sorry to hear you were receiving nasty comments. We certainly don't need the ugliness. Take care.

 
At 10:12 AM, March 11, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear that the venom made its way around to you as well. i would think that all of this is hard enough without spending time and energy lashing out at each other.

 
At 2:07 AM, March 12, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw man, why does all the juicy nasty crap always happen when my Internet goes down for a week?

I don't allow cowardly anonymous comments on my blog, either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home