Sunday, March 01, 2009

8:30 pm - school for tomorrow has been cancelled. Both good (as that means I won't have to get up at 5 am), and bad (as I have several business meetings as well as a parent teacher conference that I'll now have to either do by phone, or reschedule).

Ah well, we'll make it work...

####

5:45 pm - had no choice but to resume my 'zoo keeping' duties. Boys turned out to be NOT content just hanging in front of the TV, they wanted to DO stuff (and it would have been a perfect afternoon for some serious romping around outside.. as there isn't THAT much snow yet and it also isn't that cold).

And coming up with productive and structured things to do proved more than the other 'parent' could handle..

I got Salamander back in the throws of a flaming meltdown and Potatey was all weepy whiny (they're fine now.. Salamander made himself his OWN dinner tonite!!! Potatey is chatting up a storm).

Oy..I can NEVER die...

Most asinine statement of the day? "So, it must have been so good to have all this 'alone time' today"

Uhm.. I spent from 10 am till 2 pm in the ER.
And then I spent from 2.15 pm till 5.30 pm trying to rest and sleep (but I didn't really succeed - the albuterol treatment I had in the hospital got me seriously 'hopped up'...I forgot how 'wired' that stuff makes me...). So sure, I absolutely had a lovely time.. (sarcasm alert).

Highlight of my day? I had brought John Robison's book "Look Me in the Eye" with me to the ER, and started rereading it. it's been a great conversation starter as I've had multiple people come up to me with comments/questions about friends/family members with Asperger's Syndrome. And now that I've met John in person, I have a whole new perspective on the book.

###

2:15 pm - back from ER. I indeed have bronchitis.. and some funky inflammatory thing going on which resulted in a massively swollen lymph node in a very uncomfortable spot.

Took my meds (antibiotics.. codeine cough syrup) and was told that I need to stay off my feet and rest (as that massively swollen lymph node is pinching blood flow into my left leg a bit.. yup, the good ole' pins and needles feeling). So of to bed I go.. The other 'parent' will have to step up to the plate for at least the reminder of this day.. (which means that the boys will spend the day parked in front of the TV.. ah well).

We have a massive snow storm moving in.. expected to start 'dumping' around midnight and then all through Monday. Forecast in my region goes from anywhere between 8 and 16 inches. Wondering if there will be school tomorrow....

Later...

###########

Off the ER.. for me.. I have been coughing non stop (most likely bad case of bronchitis).. and I haven't slept in 2 nites because of the coughing fits.. and then there's other stuff that's not right...

Later..

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, March 01, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I hope they were able to help you feel better.
Sometimes our bodies will just make us take a break.
Feel better soon

 
At 9:06 PM, March 01, 2009 , Blogger Renee said...

Oh wow! I sure hope you feel better soon. I know it's hard to get the rest you need, but please try your best. Your kids definitely need you!

I was sick as a dog all this last week, and rest was about the only thing that made me feel human. Michael understood, since he was sick too.

Any chance Salamander can help take care of Mommy? It would help teach a ton of social skills and maybe help you some. You never know, they surprise you all time!

Lots of warm, cozy, restful thoughts coming your way!

 
At 1:43 AM, March 02, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm fighting a cold myself - major congestion. Ugh.

 
At 8:23 AM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Thanks ladies.. Meds are starting to kick in, so from a congestion POV I am doing better. Flipside is that the meds are making me very, very tired.

Renee, great idea. And yes, Salamander has been working his butt off trying to take care of me. It's a bit of a mixed bag for him.. he wants to help, takes enormous pride in helping out, but then he gets scared/anxious when he realizes that him taking care of me means that something isn't right with me. I'll talk him through it..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home