Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some GOOD News..

Got Salamander's latest CSA (for my new(er) readers who may not be as well versed in pee and poo talk - CSA is science speak for Comprehensive Stool Analysis, affectionately referred to in this house as the 'big poop test').

It's looking much, much better. For the first time in 5 years, it looks like we actually have a fair shot at beating back all those nasty nasty bacteria that had taken up shop in Salamander's insides (although we may have a Clostridia spike again.. the good ole' seesaw). Getting sufficient good bacteria continues to be a struggle, but I have hope that, as we're vacating the bad buggies, the good ones finally stand a chance.

Salamander does have some pancreatic insufficiency and short chain fatty acid digestion issues again - but nothing I can't handle. Been there before, fixed it then and got the T-shirt. So we'll do it again.

Lysozyme numbers are way, way down compared to the past two CSAs. TG, I think that means Salamander is now out of IBD territory. sIgA is coming up.. ever so slowly.. Gut pH a little higher than I'd like (hence my suspicion of Salamander having a Clostridia flare again.. and a more acidic gut also doesn't help the good buggies to do their thing).

Bottom line - we're really moving in the right direction. Now I just got to keep this trend going.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, February 24, 2009 , Blogger Cath said...

Yeah for you guys...It's nice to get some good news!

 
At 1:32 PM, February 24, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I want 1/10th of your brain and memory for all of that medical speak!!!!!
I think you should go to med school, then you can treat all of our kids. Although you could write a great medical mystery novel and make more money.
I hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home