Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dear Universe..

OH WOW, the loan request for Matthew G has already been fullfilled. Amazing!!!

There are several more very deserving kids up at Lend4Health. Please go over and take a look. Thank you.

For my upcoming 40th birthday, I'd like to request ONE shopping trip involving taking my two kids that is UNEVENTFUL!!

Just one.

Just so I can experience what that's like.

That's all.

P.S. And if I'm asking too much...
How about you strike mute the next old(er) bitty who feels it necessary to engage me in a (getting increasingly louder as I was trying to block her out) discussion around my parenting style while I'm helping my kids work through an 'episode' (trust me, the words 'butt the F#CK out of my business' came awfully close to bursting out of my mouth.. )

P.P.S
Or I'll take a t-shirt that reads "Yes, I am a horrible, horrible mother. Wanna trade places and see if you can a better job?"



THE UNIVERSE ANSWERED, BY HAVING TORI PUT UP THIS LOAN REQUEST.

I HAVE NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
MESSAGE RECEIVED.

6 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, February 18, 2009 , Blogger Cath said...

So sorry to hear about your trip...you need to say it someday - people just don't get it. You will get your uneventful trip someday - let's hope you aren't so old you can't remember it...;)

 
At 5:51 PM, February 18, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Cath, thanks..

I do/did feel like a big fat "wiener" though (this is what Potatey says whenever somebody is complaining - 'don't be such a wiener'. Yeah, I know he means whiner..) as soon as I read that loan request that Tori put up on Lend4Health. Talk about having REAL struggles.. Oy...

 
At 8:07 PM, February 18, 2009 , Blogger Cath said...

Yes, I know what you mean...I'm sure many look at me and think that, I just wrote to somebody the other day and said "I'm so tired of hearing myself complain"...I'm working on that...you know it's bad when your sick of your own self...I'm done being a "weiner".LOL

 
At 9:12 PM, February 18, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Gosh Petra,
Thank God for the Universe!!
I will be on Lend 4 health tomorrow(payday)
We are lucky that Nick does ok in most stores now. We never take him to WalMart, too much human energy and too many screaming hungry,and tired children and babies, the parents either smacking them or screaming at them.
Keep the bad words for us!! Just say Autism...whats your excuse?
By the way, I expect pictures and a report from your get together with all the Moms and John Robison. I loved, loved, loved his book!!

 
At 10:55 AM, February 19, 2009 , Blogger Tori said...

I think you all rock. I am so moved and honored and amazed that you all have found Lend4Health as a place to throw good things out to the universe in thanks, in memory, in hopes, in whatever. I never in my wildest dreams thought Lend4Health would be used in that way. But it makes perfect sense.

Tori

 
At 11:02 AM, February 19, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Karma, babe, Karma...

And LOVE...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home