Monday, February 16, 2009

We Have Lead!!

Remember the day I wrote THIS? I took a UTM for Salamander on the morning of that day too.

Got the results today - highest lead excretion for Salamander since July 08 (when we had the 'inadvertent' exposure), and decent mercury excretion too. Not sure if this lead is the lead he was exposed to then, or whether we are finally (FINALLY!!) getting at the next body stores (as he is clearly a lead toxic kiddo).

Another UTM is going in tomorrow..poor Salamander definitely was on the 'emotions roller coaster' today (up, down, up, down, up, down, and so on and so forth).

Off to help Salamander go to sleep and then it's "24" time for momma...

(Potatey's on the emotions roller coaster too.. and of course they are not exactly synchronized..)

P.S Just (Tuesday Feb 17) got a UTM back for Potatey from a sample I took on Feb 9. Oh boy...
I think we're at the beginning of a new detox cycle for BOTH of them... TG it's school vacation week.. (these two UTMs combined sure help explain all the uppy downy, sensory/auditory overload stuff...)

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, February 17, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the lead! Good grief, did you ever, when you were a little kid, think you would get excited about some lead in urine when you were all grown up and a parent yourself? :) I never did!

Pumpkin Pie had slightly elevated levels of both lead and mercury on a Porphyrin test. I'm not surprised; she mouths everything which does not help. That and my hubby has a job where he solders with lead and I'll bet she's been exposed by him coming home with the crap on his clothes. I used to solder with lead also back when I was in the Navy before my kids were born. I have often wondered if the military screwed up my body with all the preservatives and toxins and crap that it exposed me to when I was in and my second child for some reason took the brunt of it? If so why did it skip over my first child and hit her? And why have I given birth to three children since her without these problems? I will always wonder.

 
At 10:54 AM, February 17, 2009 , Blogger Renee said...

I never thought seeing lead would be a good thing, but I'm happy for you! I hope the detox goes quickly and you get your happy guys back soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home