Saturday, February 14, 2009

Salamander's First HB12 Shot..

UPDATE @ 2.45 pm on V-day
Well, I think the HB12 honeymoon phase is rapidly coming to an end. I am seeing all the usual signs of 'HB12 is being absorbed and now junk is coming loose as the various metabolic cycles have just gotten a kick in the pants'. So if I go MIA for a little while, you know why..

QUICK UPDATE @ 9.15 am on V-day:
So far, so good. Salamander woke up in a good space, very aware & plugged in. HAPPY! This is a fairly typical response of his whenever I increase his HB12 levels. Which means that in about 1-2 days the bottom will drop out and things will go kooky. Ah well, it's the vacation week, we'll deal with it..

Gave Salamander his very first HydroxyB12 shot tonite. He did "OK", never really noticed the needle 'going in' (it's an itty bitty needle). The shot did sting a bit (momma needs to let the stuff come to room temp a bit longer next time), so he had a bit of a rough time after. He bounced back very quickly though and now he's fine.

And now we're in 'let's wait and see what this does'. With any other B12 he is on (oral, transdermal, nasal, mouth spray), we typically get a 24 - 48 hour 'honeymoon', where you can see that his body is absorbing and using the B12 (he is severely deficient). And during that time, Salamander is in a super duper awesome space. And then, boom, the bottom drops out as detox begins. I fully expect this to be the same, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 'straight' into detox. Well, I have my UTM kits ready to go if that happens.

Will keep you all posted..

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, February 13, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

When do we get to be paid the big bucks for performing medical procedures???
Tonight I get to capture whatever I can from a giant boil on my sweet boy so that it can be cultured.
Arent you glad I shared?????
I would rather give a shot!

 
At 9:13 AM, February 14, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Ay.. so sorry to hear that.. Poor Nick, poor you.. Keep me posted on the 'outcome' (in all its facets)

Share away, share away - nothing I haven't heard about, seen or done myself.

I couldn't help but think last nite that if I ever decided to go to nursing school, I'd be breezing through the program!!!!

 
At 11:16 AM, February 14, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies, I agree! Karen, so sorry to hear about Nick. I hope everything comes out okay with that. Like P said, keep us posted!! P, glad to hear things are going smoothly for now... that's good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home