Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another drama filled afternoon.. (well, more precisely, this afternoon was the culmination of drama building up over the past couple of days).

I am sooooo SICK, SICK, SICK of drama not of my own making, but where I get dragged along for the ride, without any input on the why and what of the ride or where the hell it's gonna end up..

If I wanted this much drama in my life, I would have become an actress...

You all familiar with the term 'being gaslighted' by another person? I wasn't..
Until I read this post (and had a OMG experience) and I started to do some web searcing and reading... It all sounds very (eerily, very uncomfortably????) familiar.....

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, February 17, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I think it may also be called passive agressive!

 
At 9:42 PM, February 17, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

You may be right.. I am not sure.. I always felt/believed that passive-aggressive was more of a 'reaction, in the spur of the moment' kinda thing.
Gaslighting seems to have more purpose, more planning, more forethought on what the desired endgoal is on behalf of the 'applier'.

I was gonna write about 'the drama', but it's gonna have to hold. Both boys have a terrible, terrible time going to sleep tonite (lots of fears and anxieties) and I am literally sick to my stomach and have a pounding headache.

Shutting down for today... Back in the saddle tomorrow....

 
At 3:19 PM, February 18, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

An example:

Sunday eve was a tad crazy. My blood sugar was running low, I really needed to eat, but I needed to get my boys fed first. Got an 'offer' from somebody to help out "oh, I'll cook you something. No problem."

I am allergic to shrimp. I have been for a long time now, basically since I had a severe case of salmonella poisoning back in 1996. That somebody knows about this, or at least I thought so. He SHOULD know about this. Salamander is allergic to shrimp too, so seafood has been a no-no here for at least 5 years. Neither of us are anaphylactic allergic (TG..), but both of us end up doing the 'dance with the porcelain lady' several hours AFTER we consume shrimp. It's NOT pleasant.

So guess what it was that was cooked? To help me out? Yup, a shrimp dish.

So I comment: "Thanks, but I can't eat that. I'm allergic to shrimp."

Surprise all around. "You are? You never told me that. Since when? See, this happens every time. I try to help, but it's never good enough. You always find something wrong with what I do."

Gaaaaaaahhh..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home