Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can I Just Say It??

I was horrified to see the pics of myself that were taken at the dinner event.

OMG. Trust me, this is NOT what I typically look like.

And it was a major wake-up call.

Sad truth? I've gained about 18 lbs since October of last year. Which places me a total of about 28 lbs above my ideal weight. And I have some hormonal, adrenal and thyroid issues that need to be addressed (hence the facial puffiness).

I don't have any excuses really. Things have been rough on a variety of fronts and I have not been paying attention to myself. At. All.

Bad, very bad.

Time to change that. And I am going to change that starting today.

[there were several mommas at the event who looked absolutely stunning. And I couldn't help but wonder where the heck they find the time or the money to keep looking so good. And then I realized I was being petty and that I was using the 'no time/no money' thing as an excuse to NOT take action. Well, those pics that were taken? I'm going to print them out and place them in strategic spots.. as a reminder. As the next time this whole gang is getting together? This momma is gonna look a heck of a lot better. In fact, this momma's gonna look a whole lot better by the Autism One conference in Chicago at end of May]

8 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, February 25, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

OMG! We are our own worst critics! I thought you just looked adorable and real. Hadn't you just spent hours and hours with the boys at a water park?
If taking off 20 pounds will be about only you, and you feeling better, thats good. Otherwise screw it!
It has taken me 2 years to take off 90 pounds and I have begun beating myself up over the 40-50 I still need to get off. I am paying attention to how I feel now, but I have to remind myself everyday that it has to be about how we feel not how we look!!!!!!!
Cameras are the worst!!!!!

 
At 12:38 PM, February 25, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petra, you are beautiful inside and out - don't ever think otherwise!

 
At 12:44 PM, February 25, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

You gals are so sweet. Thank you.

But really, those 18 lbs I gained have GOT TO COME OFF . And yes, I'd be getting rid of those for me(I am in a business where, whether that's fair or not, looks matter).

The remaining 10? I'm not too hung up on those..

 
At 10:19 AM, February 27, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me it is clear that your priorities are straight and that you focus on your kids and give them 100% unlike others who seem to focus on their make-up, clothes, highlights, fancy cars and houses.

 
At 3:44 PM, February 27, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked like you were pissed off and not really having a good time.

 
At 4:16 PM, February 27, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Anonymous - I was actually ill. I had taken massive doses of cold meds just to get through the weekend (so what you see in the pics is me being 'under the influence'.. LOL). I came down with something on Friday am, and I didn't want to ruin my boys' water park weekend. I was able to stave the worst off until Monday and then I crashed. Of course then Salamander got sick again.. and so it goes and so it goes. It's been a rough winter..

And the other part was worry about my kids. Neither of them was taking me leaving for an evening very well.. they're not used to it. And I am partially to blame for that as I never leave them. They got through the eve/nite in one piece though..

So between feeling ill, being very tired and worn out and being worried about my boys.. well, the two pics of me that are up on the various blogs happen to reflect that. But definitely not reflective of my usual demeanor and certainly not reflective of me during the entire eve. I definitely made new friends that nite, and I was so happy to meet John R. in person. He's quite an experience. And it was fab to spend time with my pal Kim and her awesome husband Mark.

 
At 2:15 PM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Jeanne - thanks!! And my adorable self is now 4 lbs lighter, so I'm on my way...

I'm seriously considering disabling anonymous comments. Comments from people that want to be anonymous tend to be nasty, and really, I don't need the hastle...

 
At 9:49 AM, March 03, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! You go girl! Congrats!

I agree on the anon comments. And besides, we have enough negativity in our lives. You know, you can probably check IP addresses and figure out who the anon comment was left by... just for shits and giggles. ;-) I'm a bitch like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home