Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am officially in 'wanting to curl up in fetal position in a corner of my house, suck my thumb and rock back and forth' stage.
Salamander may be having an allergic reaction to the Zithromax.
Very funky skin rash.
Out of nowhere.


UNCLE!!!!!
I suspect rash may be compounded result of toxins released by 'dying buggies', Salamander's body still working on clearing chlorine from this week end's pool adventures AND the fact that the Zithro contains pink bubble gum colorant/flavoring.
I specifically requested Zithro without all this crap added (as Salamander does not do well with artificials at all), but per pharmacist: "Sorry, manufacturer delivers Zithromax to us with flavorings already added. All we do is compound by adding water." I do believe her, and it's largely driven by this insane notion that medicine needs to taste good so kids will take it.
BALONEY!! Medicine is NOT supposed to taste good.
Rash has calmed down, calendula cream helped. But if rash not gone by tomorrow morning, or if it comes back after next dose, I'll be talking with the pharmacist again to request that they order Zithromax from Pfizer w/o all these additives.
i wish that people would understand that for kids with chemical sensitivities even dosages as small as 1 teaspoon diluted down can create HUGE problems (especially if the metabolism is already strained).
AAARRRRGGGHHHH

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, February 25, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Remember the chlorine in the pool at the water park, and who knows what else in the water!
Yikes! Spring is on its way I am sure!

 
At 8:34 PM, February 25, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Yeah.. all the 'toxic' exposures are compounding, I am sure..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home