Friday, February 27, 2009

Odds & Ends..

Salamander is definitely responding to the Zithromax. He went to school today (although he was lobbying this morning for staying home 'just one more day, mommy.'..LOL). His nose and sinus cavities are clearing out, and he is not coughing as much anymore. The rash never returned, so I think what happened after that first dose was a combo of the things I mentioned before.

Potatey continues to do well. Just a slight cough, but he looks great and acts even better (which means we've probably caught a temporary break in detox.. which is just ducky by me).

Salamander had his 3rd HB12 shot yesterday. I'm getting better at administering them, he is getting better at managing his anxiety around getting a shot, and his whole metabolism in general seems to be adjusting nicely. Incidentally, we now also have had three nights in a row without any night time accidents. Now I can't say for sure that that's solely the effect of the HB12 shots, as he has been on antibiotics for that same amount of time. It'll be interesting to see what happens once the antibiotics are 'all done.'

My gas bubble I wrote about yesterday (and I took the post down this morning)? Well, I think that may turn out to be more than a gas bubble. Don't know yet exactly what is going on.. I have my suspiscions but I need to get my butt to the docs to get some things confirmed or ruled out. I didn't sleep AT ALL last nite between constant coughing fits and the abdominal pains. So trust me, I was glad I was able to get both boys off to school this morning.

After I got them on the school bus, I went back to bed and slept (oh lazy, lazy me) until 1.20 pm. I am still under the weather, but I am feeling better. And I think I have managed to stave off bronchitis (knock on wood.. I hope I don't end up eating these words.. ).

Both boys seemed to have had a good day at school (no emails or phone calls, and they were both grinning like loons when they bounced off the bus). They have been playing outside in the backyard together since about 3.20 pm or so. The weather is pretty mild today (and expected to turn crappy again this weekend), so I'll let them be outside as much as they want to be.

In the mean time, I am cleaning up my incredibly disgusting house (and I better get back to that before it's time to start the dinner prep).

Oh, and by paying much better attention to my thyroid, hormonal, adrenal gland issues, I've already lost 3 lbs this week. Yeah, I know.. all water weight, and it's very noticeable in my face. NO MORE PUFFBALL!!

Have a great weekend y'all (Salamander has archery practice tomorrow morning and Potatey has a birthday party in the late morning tomorrow, so we'll be busy..)

[oh, and about last week Saturday's dinner? Yeah, yeah.. I know, I need to write about it. And I will. It just hasn't been a priority this week.]

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, February 27, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better!
So far this winter Nick has only had one cold. Knock on my head(Not made of wood, but it will do)
I hope everyones health continues on the upward trail!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home