Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day...

1:45 pm - it stopped snowing around 11 am, and by then we had about 7 inches of white stuff. Boys went sledding for a bit, then a friend from the street came over and they played and played and played inside the house (and trashed the place utterly and completely in the process - I couldn't care less).

Right now, they are wolving down their lunches (spaghetti and meatballs.. comfort food.. Yum) - a late lunch, I know.. and we definitely had some 'low blood sugar snarlies'.

It just started snowing again, so we're not done just yet.

####
Oh yeah.. it's snowing all right. About 5 inches so far and it's supposed to keep snowing until sometime this afternoon....And the white stuff is coming down at a decent rate....

Schools are cancelled.
Slowly, but surely my business meetings are getting rescheduled (due to staff at my clients not being able to get into the office).

Not having to worry about my prior commitments for today is slowly falling into place.. which is good... as the meds I'm on & the bugs I'm fighting are making me very very tired. I have not a scrap of my usual energy and stamina.. after 10 minutes of doing stuff I HAVE to sit down (and I'm getting a tad frustrated with that).

Guess The Powers That Be are telling me that today needs to be a Hibernation Day....

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger pixiemama said...

Enjoy the extra rest & feel better soon!

xo

 
At 10:08 AM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Thank you!!

By the way, am loving the fact that my new friends from that dinner keep dropping in..

 
At 12:35 PM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I don't know how you take all of the snow. It has been raining here for the better part of 2 weeks and I am so in need of the sun.
If it peaks out from behind the clouds for a minute, I have to go stand in it. I fear Californians are going to have trouble believing that we have somewhat of a drought with all of the recent rain.
The snow day came just for you, because you needed a day or 2 to just stay in and rest. Hard to do with 2 boys I bet. It is ok to use the TV for your boys when you are sick! It's not like you park them in front of it all of the time. I remember my Dad carrying a little portable TV into my room when I was sick in bed. Feel better soon.

 
At 1:32 PM, March 02, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

It's been a bit of a snowy winter out here, that's for sure. And to be honest, I'm kinda done. But it can snow here as late as mid May, so we still have a while to go before we are officially out of winter.

There's about 7 inches of the white stuff outside, so there is NO WAY the boys are going to happy with being stuck inside watching TV. They went sledding for about an hour this morning, which helped them get some energy out. Then a friend from the street came over and they've all been playing together for over 1.5 hours now (and I snoozed for about 30 minutes during that time). The house is completely trashed, and I don't care. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

I'm making lunch now.. and we'll see what we come up with for stuff to do AFTER the wild animals have been fed..LOL...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home