Sunday, April 26, 2009

Salamander Writes..

Just have to share this story Salamander wrote, as it gives a wonderful window into a very vivid and colorful imagination [I am literally copying what Salamander wrote, spelling and grammar errors and all - he did write this several months ago, well before the spelling module of his Lindamood Bell tutoring program started..]

While taking a walk one wintry evening I becided to go into the woods.
As a was truging threw the knee beep snow, I cam upon a old tree in the
center of a clearring, black in the purpleish sunset. The old tree had nummeres
nests. As I steped into the clearring, I heard a faint chirp. I looked into the
lowist nest. I found a young falcon with a brocken wing. I carefully picked it
up a tucked it in my coat. It hopped out and openned its mouth. It must be
hungry, I told myself. I took out a beef jeerkey I had been saving for snack. I
unrapped it and tore of a peace and feed him. Then I walked home and built him a
nest. As soon as he could fly and then I set him free.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, April 26, 2009 , Blogger Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Beautiful! That's so great that he writes. Nigel's been writing more the past year, and I just love it.

 
At 10:37 AM, April 27, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

What a beautiful mind. Isn't it great to know that with everything he has going on, he still has the ability to create. And he created something that included kindness.That kind of ideation comes from deep down. A very good thing.

 
At 9:38 AM, April 29, 2009 , Blogger Tori said...

I really, really love this. He is a care-taker, a do-gooder, a wound-healer, and a set-freer. Just like his mommy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home