Monday, May 04, 2009

And The Wheels...

Here we go again...

Salamander woke up early this morning with tummy troubles. This morning he woke up congested, with a cough and a drippy nose.

Do I think he's got the *oh so terrifying and deadly* swine flu?

Hell, no

Will I need to keep him home from school and schlep him off to the doctor's to get tested for the swine flu?

Hell, yes

(school has already declared that anybody with *symptoms* needs to stay out of school and stay home for at least 7 days - unless there's proof to the contrary that the affected child does NOT have the swine flu)

So we're in for a fun day..

What do -I- think is going on? Environmental allergies, that's one piece. I also started some additional gut work for Salamander on Friday nite, so I think there's a good dollop of die-off + detox in play too (very smelly BMs and gas; and he always always gets congested when detoxing).

But that's just my very well developed mommy sense. I can't use THAT as proof with school though...

12:45 pm update - Salamander is fine. "Allergies or he's developing a cold" (no suprises there). Got a doctor's note so he'll be good to go back to school tomorrow. Funniest part? When the doc asked Salamander if he has muscle aches (he almost ALWAYS has muscle aches due to the mitochondrial issues). So of course he says "Yes"...

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, May 04, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

celiac disease symptoms-gluten-free diet is recommended amongst other things in the treatment of celiac disease and wheat allergy. It is a diet completely free of ingredients derived from gluten-containing cereals...
Watch the video-instruction:gluten-free diet-instruction !!!

 
At 1:50 PM, May 04, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Uhm, hally? I know..

Gluten free is only one of many things that my boys' diet is free of (check out my diet blog)

I'm gonna leave your comment up, as somebody less familiar with a gluten free diet may benefit from the link you provided...

 
At 11:43 AM, May 12, 2009 , Blogger Lisa said...

LOL you are a funny girl :)I have been following your blog for awhile, just have not had the chance to actually say hello! Thank you for all you do on lend4health! I to am spreading the good news about it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home