Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sorry.. not much in the mood for writing...

Friday was a good day (especially as I made great progress on a really FUN paying work project I just started). Yesterday was a rough one.. on many, many fronts (both boys were very, very off), and today so far has started out rough too.

I'm tired, I'm frustrated and yes, I am angry that I am always, always, always left *holding the bag* on the tough stuff (and I have to work HARD at reigning that anger back in, as I don't want to project on the boys, as it is most definitely not THEM I am angry with.. ).

I mean.. when will it be MY turn to be the "Disney parent" and do all the fun stuff? There are just not enough hours in the day to do all that NEEDS doing, and I want to do fun stuff for part of the time too...

I mean, boys & I worked our butts off for many years to get to where we are now. And now that they are doing so much better, now that doing stuff with them has become so much easier, the *absentee dad* is swooping back in to get involved [and to take CREDIT!!].

Yes, I realize it's important for the boys that their dad is involved in their lives.. but man, where was he all those years when things were infinitely tougher. For years he refused to take them anywhere. And still, at the first signs of *rumblings*, he'll either back out of a promise, or will turn back around to drop 'em off with me so I can deal with the situation at hand. And he is extremely selective on what he actually wants to do with the boys..

Ya know what, the next person who tells me (especially today) how *lucky* I am that the boys' have such an *involved dad* (oh, he puts up a good show when people are watching) gets an ear full....

Anyhow.. nuf belly aching. Time to go look for my 'glass is half full" attitude....

Happy Mother's Day...

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, May 10, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Happy Mother's Day
Your boys will grow up and look back. They will remember all you have done. When they are young, they are in the moment, and they will grab on to any opportunity they can with the absent one.
You are in it for the long haul. They will remember, you just have to be patient enough to wait for them to know, and it is hard, hard hard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home