Friday, December 15, 2006

I HATE $%@$!$#% school parties

OK, so I just cleaned out Salamander's backpack. And I find at least four notes describing as many holiday parties. With the announcement that parents will be contacted to bring in a variety of goodies.

GREAT... (NOT!!).

I pretty much spend 3/4 of my life in the kitchen (which I gladly do, as it has made a HUGE difference for my kiddos health), and I am doing my darnest to keep them away from 'junk food'. So now I am going to have to come up with suitable alternatives for my monkeys to bring to their respective school parties (as I am sure that once I pick Potatey up, my scanning of HIS backpack will yield a similar harvest of school party announcements).

Why do these parties have to be about FOOD??? How about just asking parents to go the Dollar Store and buy a collection on silly toys, some stickers and what not? Of course I realize that THAT requires a bit more creativity than sending Johnny into school with a bottle of soda and a bag of chips.. but Crickey.. it sure as heck would make my rather complicated life a little easier....Especially since my two monkeys are NOT the only kiddos in their class with food issues (hmm, maybe the food nazi mommies should band together???)

Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home