Wednesday, December 20, 2006

We have MOLD!!!!!!

Bad, bad, bad news...Salamander has been coughing his lungs out for about 3 weeks now, and while the Zithromax has helped a little (just like all the natural anti-VIRALS he's taking are helping a little), he's still hacking..and hacking.. and hacking...

So having gone through an elimination of the "usual suspects" for a deep, wheezy, barky cough (bacterial ? - NOPE; viral? - NOPE), I am now left with "suspect no 3" - mold. We live in an old house and two of our bathrooms have a visible mold problem....

So me being the science nut that I am, decided to have Salamander cough into a mold culturing petri-dish (I stuck the petri-dish in his face on Saturday night when he had another coughing attack). After collecting "the sample", I put the petri-dish in a safe spot (you never know in my house where these kinds of things are going to end up.. I'll leave it at that).

Checked the darn thing at 24 hours - no growth.

Cheched the darn thing at 48 hours - no growth.

Big sigh of relief, he's not hacking up mold spores.

But me being the good little scientist that I am, decided to let the petri dish do its thing a little longer, after all we may be dealing with a slow growing mold....

Checked the darn thing at 72 hours - do I see a little speck?? Nah, must be my imaginition.

Checked the darn thing at 84 hours - FUCK!!! The speck has gotten A LOT bigger!!!!

Tonite will be 96 hours, I just checked the petri-dish again, and whatever is growing in that thing is having a ball... And I am seeing more specks.

So next step will be to send the petri-dish to the lab and have the 'fuzzy' analyzed and classified. And then I need to have some serious conversations with Salamander's doctors on how the HELL we are going to get rid of mold spores in HIS LUNGS!!!!

WARNING - PROFANITY ALERT!!!!

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, QUADRUPLE FUCK - Just as I get a little ground back under my feet, we fall of the cliff again....And in addition to obviously needing to treat Salamander, I'll need to treat the whole damn house too (which ain't going to be THAT easy to do...)


Yeah, a holly jolly Christmas to you too......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home