Friday, June 13, 2008

From the Sudbury Town Crier..

Taking a break from another marathon day....

This was posted by my blogger friend Jeanne a couple of days ago (I think.. I completely lost track of time... LOL).

A very inspiring story, and at the same time it provides a much needed REALITY CHECK on what it actually costs to get these kids well. Take a zero away from the number mentioned in the article, and you're in the ballpark of what I've been spending on a yearly basis for the past 2 years on treating both my monkeys. And I fully expect to have to do that for at least another 3 years. You do the math... TG that my business is doing as well as it is (401(k)?? whas dat?? LOL).

As I commented on Jeanne's blog, I had the pleasure of meeting Zack and his amazing momma in October of 2006 at Dr. Amy Yasko's Boston conference. Jen B. actually spoke at that conference and talked at length about the progress Zack had made on Dr. Amy's protocol. I had a chance to observe Zack at the 'meet and great' reception that took place at the end of one of the conference days, and he was a delight to watch. He looked so 'normal' to me!!! (and as I was only just embarking on Dr. Amy's protocol for my two at that time, I was absolutely inspired!!).
And as Jen B was so vocal at that October 2006 meeting about Dr. Amy's protocol, I can't help but wonder why Dr. Amy's name wasn't mentioned in the article...

Ah well, in the end it doesn't really matter what 'did the trick'. Fact is Zack is BETTER. And that is all that matters. I wish him a long and healthy and happy life.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, June 14, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone should let The Sudbury Towne Crier know that Vinnie Strully is not a "Dr." as far as I know.

Also, why this man continually has an opinion on biomedical is beyond me. Why doesn't he just run his pathetic center and shut his mouth. He already requires parents to sign documentation stating that they will not pursue any biomedical treatments and will not see doctors that NECC doesn't approve of. Sounds like you have to be willing to sell your child to the devil when you enter that place. He also comes across as sounding VERY insecure about his own center when he makes statements such as in this article.

I have heard from a few parents that they have been very disappointed with the untrained therapists and poor supervision from NECC's preschool. I really wish parents would wise up to that place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home