Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And Just Like That...

the tide can change.....

Yesterday was a rough day. Between the incredible heat, two very tired, hot and cranky monkeys, and dealing with some health issues myself, well.. by the time I finally went to bed last nite (uhm, I mean very early this morning), I was pretty deep 'down in the dumps' (and quite angry with the world in general, and certain people in it in specific).

This morning things didn't exactly run smoothly either (I did sleep in until 5 am.. there was just NO WAY I was going to be able to get up at 3 am this morning), so when I finally was ready at 9.45 am to drive to one of my client's, I really just wanted to do one thing: "Go back home, crawl back in bed and not come out for at least 24 hours."

But as THAT wasn't an option, I had no choice but to keep going.

Got to my client's, had productive meetings, got additional information to do more work on this 'dog' of a project I've been working on for almost 2 months now, and I'm starting to feel a bit better about life and the world at large.

Then all of the sudden it's 2.30 pm and I realize that I am actually wrapping up on the 'dog project'. YES. IT. IS. DONE (as in, I'm done with my part, and now it's up to the client to decide how they want to finalize things).

But things got even better. A conversation took place at this client that brought up the potential for a very interesting opportunity. There are a lots of pieces (quite a few not within my control at all) that need to fall in place, but IF they do, things could get very interesting. I don't want to go into any details, as so much is in flux and completely dependent on other people's actions.

But trust me, dear darlin's, if/when certain pieces do fall into place, I'll lobby hard for this particular opportunity. The opportunity would have a significant impact on various, already intense and crazy areas of my life, so I'd have to make quite a few changes (and trust me, any decisions I make will have the boyos' interests 'front and center'. I will NOT do anything that would impact them negatively).

But oh, I want this opportunity, I want this BAD (it's been a long time since BOTH my heart, my brain and my gut have gone "YES, YES, YES!!!" all at the same time). Time to practice the principles promulgated by "The Secret" and "Laws of Attraction". Hey, whatever I can do to guide the various energies in the universe in the right direction...

Feeling a lot better about life and the world in general now.

"Hope and Faith", baby, "Hope and Faith"..

(and I do apologize for being so damn cryptic.. there are just too many unknowns in play as of yet. Ill share more as I can.)

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, June 11, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Your new prospect sounds very exciting, can't wait to hear more as the situation evolves into exactly what it is you are wanting and needing. I will send good energy your way!

It is funny, the give and take of our lives - the good and bad, yin and yang - the ups and downs. It is also funny how just when we think we can't take a bit more, the wave breaks and leaves us with a beautiful treasure.

I feel your wave is breaking and will leave you with what you desire. You deserve it! You're working your ass off over there, with little to no help (if I understand correctly), yet your love, devotion, and determination for your boys continues to be your main focus.

You are amazing! :-) I really hope you get some sleep tonight!

 
At 4:29 PM, June 12, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Thanks Jeanne.

Ups and downs indeed. Today I've been struggling, not getting nearly as much work stuff done as I need to get done to hit that deadline. Am going to walk away from it for a bit, and then get back to things after the boys are in bed (the 'interesting' TEAM meeting I had today is messing me up).

And yes, you are understanding correctly (I do have the wonderful Mrs. C.R. who takes care of Salamander 3 afternoons/week after his school gets out, and her amazing daughter Ms. L who helps me on Sunday afternoons).

And yes, I did get (some) sleep :)

Time to clean up my house and do a little laundry, start dinner and then it's off to Potatey's school to pick him up. Then rush back so we can be home before Mrs. C. R. drops Salamander off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home