Monday, June 09, 2008

UGH...

Well, got my early start alright.. but not exactly the way I had planned...

Potatey was up six (!!) times between the hours of 10.40 pm and 5.45 am. The night terrors are back, and I think the noise made by the AC was bothering him (he likes for his room to be really, really quiet - so I got to figure out what I can do tonite to keep his room cool while at the same time keeping the AC noise down..). Also he did something to his hands sometime during the day yesterday - I have no idea what happened and when as he never cried or complained or anything. At bed time last nite he said his hands hurt, and when I took a look, I noticed that 6 of his finger tips were a bit red and swollen. It didn't look like anything big, and with all the running around and playing yesterday, well, things happen.

This morning his little hands looked awful (so I am sure pain in his hands may have played a part in the night time shenanigans too). All six finger tips now have raised and angry looking blisters on them. Poor kiddo couldn't get himself dressed, couldn't hold a spoon, couldn't get his shoes on. I feel SO BAD!! How could I have missed this? I bandaged his fingers up as best as possible, and I used a nice thick coating of burn cream. Hopefully that'll help him.

So needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last nite, and neither did Potatey (he still was full of energy and spunk though when I dropped him off at school). At least he'll be spending most of his day in a nicely air-conditioned facility (it's hotter than H E L L out here today, and we haven't seen the worst for this week yet), and I know the teachers and staff will give him extra TLC and will keep a close eye on his fingers.

I wish I could go take a nap (as I am barely coherent at this point), but alas.. I have lots of work to get done.

And on that note...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home