Monday, June 09, 2008

Quick Update...

Potatey's little hands look much, much better...

As to any sleeptime shenanigans, only time will tell. I cooled his room down to a 'frigid' 68 F BEFORE he went to bed, and then switched his AC unit to the 'fan' setting (which is much quieter than the 'cool' setting). I just don't know that 'just' the fan will keep his room cool enough for comfortable sleeping....

Salamander was tired, tired, tired today.. the heat is getting to him (it's getting to everybody, truth be told). He got quite frustrated with his AC unit when it wasn't able to cool his room down from 92 F to the desired 78 F in less than 15 minutes (being patient is hard.. especially when you are all hot and sticky..). I explained to him that it would take several HOURS of constant cranking of the AC to bring the temperature down that much (and yes, I did turn his AC on WELL before his bed time).

I am sitting here in my office sweating away (as of course my office is on the sun side of the house, and all I've got to cool things down are a few fans). I swear I lost at least 4 lbs today (which is NOT a bad thing). Hey, who needs a separate sauna/sweat lodge? I can achieve the same just be being in my office for about 10 minutes (but it has made for some, uhm, interesting work conditions today).

Back to work...

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, June 11, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever determine what was wrong with Potatey's finger tips?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home