Saturday, June 14, 2008

Grrrr...

For those of you that have read Jenny McC's book....

Rememenber how she talked about things happening to and with Evan, whenever she had to step away and leave 'the other parent' in charge? And that she was left with this 'hmm, funny, these types of things never happen when I'm in charge' feeling?

Boy can I relate.

It happened AGAIN this morning. Potatey had an open house at his new Kindergarten school, and the invitation specifically said to only bring the K-garten student and make alternate arrangements for the other kids.

So I did.

Salamander was fine when Potatey and I left.

Salamander was a mess when Potatey and I returned; no energy, crying/weepy, can't put two words together, slow as a slug moving through molasses, aching all over. Yup, big time hypoglycemia and mito issues (he's more stable now otherwise I wouldn't be on the computer.... he's resting comfortably on the couch with a favorite book within my field of vision).

Now these issues can strike 'seemingly' out of nowhere. And maybe I am just really good at picking up the more subtle 'oh oh, things are going south' cues. And maybe because of that ability to 'read' Salamander's biochemistry, I can step in and adjust BEFORE he hits the slipperly slope and crashes.

But I haven't seen things get so bad so quickly in quite a while (Potatey and I weren't gone for more than an hour). And of course my questions of 'what happened?' are not getting answered.

Sigh...

(and then certainl people wonder why I give them 'the third degree' whenever the boys come back home)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home