Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Needed to GIve Myself A Reminder..

Some really asinine stuff took place tonite that was about to send me down a certain reactive pathway again.. a pathway that leads to nowhere, except for anger, frustration, sadness and an enormous drain on my precious emotional resources.

TG I remembered a comment left by Jeanne in response to this post. And instead of my usual %$!@!!!$#!$%$%$ reaction, I basically didn't react at all but focused instead on making sure Salamander (who was very much affected by said asinine stuff) got his emotional needs met so he could calm down.

I truly do not know how my non-reaction has (or will) affect the instigating party. And truth be told, I don't care; the instigating party's dysfunctional behaviors are not for ME to change.

Think Serenity Prayer, especially the bit about "wisdom to know the difference"...
Tonite I saw that difference. Crystal Clear.

Salamander is OK, Potatey is OK, and I'm OK. That's all that matters.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, October 22, 2008 , Blogger Renee said...

Way to go!!!! It's got to be so hard to hold your emotions in check and do what's best for your guys. But you did it, and it will get easier. Big, huge hugs to you all!!

 
At 10:04 AM, October 25, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home