Monday, October 06, 2008

On Hope, Lost and Found..

I wear two silver rings on the pinky finger of my left hand; one says "Faith", the other says "Hope". I have only had these rings for a short while, but being able to look down on my hand and seeing these words jump out at me has carried me through some bad moments.

This Saturday, I lost 'Hope". And not just the ring....

Salamander has been having a rough time with the whole bloated belly situation, and I ran out of ideas, things to try to make it better for him. The only thing left to try was to stop the majority of the natural agents he was taking to address the gut dysbiosis situation; the theory here being that the amount of die-off and detox these supplements are triggering are just too much for his poor inflamed bowels to handle.

I don't like to stop an intervention once I've started it. In the past, stopping (or temporary suspending) never worked out well for Salamander. It's like "once you hit the Rapids, you can't turn back.. all you can do is keep paddling."

But this bloating thing was really starting to worry me....

So Saturday nite, I stopped all *gut bug hunt* supplements, except for three basic ones that he has been taking for years. He also only took the basic ones yesterday.


This morning his belly was markedly flatter. He also wasn't stuffing his food like he had been doing over the past week or so (for Salamander, stuffing food can be an attempt to address gut pain). And I got an email that my ring has been found.


Hope.
Lost, and Found...

[I'll fix the pic when I have a moment..]

5 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, October 06, 2008 , Blogger K Fuller said...

I am happy for you that Hope is found.
My affirmation is *Believe*, My husband had a small bracelet made for me with the word Believe. I wore it constantly. I went to LA in January to help my best friend after she suffered a heart attack. My bracelet was lost somewhere between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
I still Believe that we will unlock the mystery of what is happening to our children.
I hope you sweet boy feels well soon.

 
At 7:21 AM, October 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope, Lost, Found... Believe... very nice way to start the morning.

 
At 8:21 AM, October 07, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

I agree.. I needed all those affirmations this morning (I am still a bit unsettled after what happened yesterday).

Karen, I have a "Believe" charm on a chain around my neck, right next to the autism puzzle piece ribbon and a little Chinese dragon (this particular dragon signifies protection, courage, strength). I hope your friend is OK? And I do believe that somehow the universe will re-unite you with that bracelet.

I never used to be one to get *hung up* on affirmations, charms, or inscriptions in rings (a frequent complaint I've had from significant others is that I am (was?) impossible to buy jewelry for), but that all changed the past 6 months or so...

Have a wonderful day you all.

Faith, Hope, Believe, Protect, Courage, Strength..

 
At 12:31 PM, October 07, 2008 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Parents of affected children are soooo alike! I also wear a Believe charm around my neck.
I like to think that the person who picked up my bracelet when it fell needed it more than I did right then. My friend is now recovered and she knows that she must remain healthy as she is my strength and has been there for me through this whole journey with our youngest son.
I surround myself with visual affermations.Some days are so hard and the fear for my son sometimes becomes overwhelming. Seeing simple words reminds me that everything will be ok.

 
At 11:16 PM, October 08, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have bloated belly over here too. Skinny arms and legs, and big belly. Sometimes it is less big than others. Why, do you think it goes up and down, and what to do? Keep believing. Those who don't, can never achieve what those who do, do! You're doing awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home