Sunday, January 04, 2009

Oh, The Joys..

of being a working mom/small business owner in tough economic times (meaning I need to grab every single job that comes along..) with two kids with special challenges and only being able to leave the other "parent" in 'charge' for a few hours at a time...

I have planned out the next 1.5 hours with military precision with several activities to keep the boys productively occupied (Salamander is having a bumpy day... I am starting to see a pattern develop, now that I am alternating low dose DMG and low dose L-carnitine with him. More on that later..).

Then I'll switch to 'mommy mode' to make sure the boys get fed and get their lunch supplements. After that I'll be back in work mode, while the boys go see a movie (and yes, I will make sure snacks are packed..). And after that, it'll be 'mommy mode' until the boys go to bed for the nite, and then I'll be back in 'work mode'..

Please, let nothing blow up today. I HAVE to get some paying work done...

1.20 pm update.
Made some progress on getting paying work done (some is better than nothing..). And only minor incidents occured (minor is better than major). Boys have been fed, supplements have been taken, snacks have been packed and they are now off to see a movie (The Tale of Despereaux).
Back to work for me...

5:20 pm update.
So far, so.. kinda OK I guess.
I did get more paying work done, still have more left to do before the midnite tonite deadline. Boys enjoyed the movie, but got home waaaay late (somebody forgot that Salamander still has homework to finish up on...).

To do list for the remainder of the day:
Help Salamander finish his homework for tomorrow
Cook dinner
Refiil boys' supplement boxes for next week
Get boys to bed ON TIME
Laundry
Clean house (it's a disaster zone)
Get groceries for lunches and dinners for Monday and Tuesday
Get more paying work done

OH, AND ADD TO THAT LIST?
PREPARE SALAMANDER FOR A COMPLETE CHANGE-OVER IN TEACHER/TEACHING PERSONNEL IN HIS CLASSROOM STARTING TOMORROW MORNING.. I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE PRINCIPAL OF SALAMANDER'S SCHOOL....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home