Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday The 13th..

is a GOOD thing...

DANG - forgot to mention a very important thing. We started a "$13 on the 13th" fundraiser for Lend4Health on twitter earlier today. Please join in by hopping over to Lend4Health if you can.

To put the Cherry in the Martini (or in my case the whipped cream on my Starbucks Espresso Truffle):

A work project that had given me quite some grief got through Agency review without any hiccups (and yes, that would be FDA; what, you didn't know? Yes, I do work with a variety of medical device companies to help them get approvals to market their products. I am however, quite choosy as to which companies I work with). My client got the necessary approvals for a much needed manufacturing process improvement today, and they are beyond happy (got a wonderful thank you note from one of the top guys at that same client today).

One of my invoices was paid (which means my bank account can come off life support.. LOL)

My new washing machine will definitely be delivered on Monday.

Off to make chicken/veggie/noodle soup for dinner...

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, March 13, 2009 , Blogger Cath said...

The tide may be turning...money in the account is always a comforting feeling...

 
At 10:13 AM, March 14, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Cath, we'll see, we'll see.

Both boys woke up in not such a good space this morning, especially Salamander was profoundly miserable. But after a HUGE breakfast and some quietly playing around the house time, both boys are bouncing back.

If there is one thing I am learning (but apparently I need to learn it over and over and over again.. LOL) from this crazy roller coaster is that you truly DO need to live in the moment. A "go with the flow of the moment" kinda thing (which is kinda contradictory to the fact that our kids need so much structure and predictability). A "don't get too locked in to where you're gonna end up" kinda thing. You all know what I mean...

Funny, I just to have these big and well thought-out answers to the "where do you see yourself 5 or 10 years from now" question. No more. Now I frequently don't even know where I am going to be the next day, let alone the next hour or minute.

Some people will say that I no longer have goals or ambitions, that I now drift through life without a plan. I don't see it that way. My priorities have changed, that's all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home