Friday, March 13, 2009

Lindamood Bell Programs Just Friggin' ROCK!!!

Real quick.. as so far today has been one of those crazy, riding the roller coaster, up/down, twist around, multi task, pre-empt crises, can't catch my breath, and the real fun is just starting, kinda days..

I got Salamander's retest scores today from Lindamood Bell, these retest scores reflect an objective assessment of how he's doing now in various reading and math related 'processing' areas. And as a nice 'add on', the same document is also reflecting Salamander's scores BEFORE he started the Lindamood Bell tutoring programs.

OMG.. OMG.. Oh. My. God!!!!!

The differences are incredible. I need more time to digest and put into perspective, but let's just say that these scores confirm what I have known in my 'mommy gut' for years!!. Salamander's "learning related challenges' are (were?) an "access" problem, and NEVER an "aptitude" problem.

But the best part of course is that Salamander now LOVES to read. And that EXTREME anxiety around reading & math related school assignments? Dropped down to much more manageable levels....

I am giddy for joy.. mostly for Salamander of course (but a little for me too, as the tantrums around school work were really starting to wear me down..)

More later.. Hoppin back on the roller coaster... WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! (oh where did I put my barf bag, parachute and flack jacket ..)

3 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, March 13, 2009 , Blogger Renee said...

That's just so awesome! I am so happy for you both! I'll jumpu up and down for you, so you don't waste any precious energy. Smile big!

 
At 3:05 PM, March 13, 2009 , Blogger K Fuller said...

Congratulations!!!You and your's deserve the good news.
You should be so proud that you were proactive and got him the help he needed *right now!!!
Take some time to celebrate. Have a party with those boys to celebrate how well they are doing.
And pat yourself on the back!!!!!

 
At 7:48 PM, March 13, 2009 , Blogger Petra said...

Thank you!!!!

I guess I do deserve a little pat on the back eh? I tend to forget to give myself a little credit.

Anyway, I went out earlier this afternoon and bought myself a very nice bottle of Chardonnay (and yes, I am enjoying a glass right now).

As to parties? Potatey is turning 6 on March 18th. He'll have his kid birthday party on March 22 (and I actually invited 17 (!!) kids - I know they won't all show, but man, I never invited this many kids for a party before. Potatey is very well liked). Salamander will be turning 11 (!!) on March 31. I need to start organizing his party too (he wants to ask 7 of his guy friends).

Salamander is a little anxious for Potatey's party, as 17 kids will generate a lot of craziness and noise. I am debating whether I want to find things to do for Salamander outside of the house during that party. If I can't pull that off, I need to make very clear to all the litte guests that Salamander's bedroom is ABSOLUTELY & TOTALLY off limits (so Salamander has a safe zone to withdraw to).

We'll figure it out..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home