Friday, May 29, 2009

Interesting Stuff...

happening here..

So Salamander got sick on Wednesday morning, and he was pretty much out of it for the remainder of Wednesday and part of Thursday night. I am pretty sure it was some type of detox triggered by supplement tweaks I have been making since Sunday evening (but don't have the test data yet to back that up.. UTM on its way to the lab).

I let him miss school and sleep in yesterday and ever since he woke up yesterday morning at 9 am he has just been in this fabulous place. I can't completely put it into words just yet, but he's different. Happy/content/at peace different. Language operating on yet a higher level. When I was talking with him yesterday, it was like I was talking with Potatey instead of Salamander.

Cognitively Salamander is operating on a different plane too. Just so very aware, so very tuned in, so BRIGhT. More so than he has been in the past several weeks. This morning he woke up in a really good space too (it was a B12 shot day, so that did trigger some anxiety, but he got over it very quickly.. much quicker then previously..)

I have no idea what to contribute this to (I have my thoughts though, that I will keep to myself for now). I do know that yesterday was special, a gift to be such close witness to the awesomeness of Salamander.

I also have no idea if it'll hold. It doesn't matter. Getting this glimpse is something that nobody can take away from me. And if it goes away, I know we'll get it back.

Middle School placement meeting yesterday afternoon went well too. More on all of that later. I need to get started on my lengthy To Do List. Paternal grandparents are coming in tonite for a long (looooooooong???) weekend visit...

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, May 29, 2009 , Blogger Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I live for those days - when they're on a "different plane." I think that's what carries us through. Hope your weekend goes well!

 
At 7:27 AM, July 14, 2009 , Blogger Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes said...

awesome blog, i love your blog

www.lindamoodbell.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home