Monday, May 11, 2009

More Seizure Activity??

Salamander may have experienced more seizure activity this am. Just before we left the house for school, he was sitting in a chair as I was helping him tie his shoes. I felt his body go all slack on me, and when I looked up, his eyes were rolled back in his head.

As soon as I called his name, his eyes rolled right back, but he looked at me kinda confused and unfocused. Then his eyes rolled back again, and his face went slack too. Again, he *recovered* when I called his name. Each episode didn't last for more than half a second.

I asked him if this eye thing was something he did to just horse around with me, or whether it happened on his own. He giggled, gave me a goofy grin and shrugged his shoulders.

So at this point, I don't know what I saw was real or him just messing with me. But considering what I saw last Monday, considering his complex neurobiological situation and considering the fact that his dad has a seizure disorder, I just can't be vigilant enough...

I alerted the school nurse as to what I saw.. keeping it somewhat light (as in "let's not start scrutinizing every little thing he does") while getting the pertinent points across. The nurse promised that she would keep an eye on him.

I also told Salamander, prior to dropping him off at school, that if he starts getting a headache, has trouble speaking, sees or hears *funny things* or if he has trouble seeing or hearings, or if his muscles don't want to do what he wants them to do, to go find help. Salalamander was spacey and a bit out of it on the ride to school, but by the time we got to school, he had *snapped back*.

I don't really know what to think at this point. I had shared last week's Monday and Tuesday's shenanigans with Salamander's CST. She didn't think that what happened was seizure related, but she did say that she wasn't sure and that 'if it's seizure stuff, you're gonna see it again soon.."

For now, I'll keep a close eye on things. It's a good thing that Salamander really never is completely alone (at least not during his waking hours..).

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, May 13, 2009 , Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Keeping your sweet boy in my thoughts and prayers Petra.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home