Saturday, June 28, 2008

Off to Play...(or maybe not...)

With my boys for the weekend.... Catch ya on the other end.... (unless I can 'hook' into the web from the hotel and blog away from there..)


Added at 7.45 am: Just got a call letting me know that there are, yet, another set of last minute changes to the arrangements at the hotel. I know I didn't get into the 'how did we end up in this place' story before, but let's just say that the arrangements themselves, who is taking the boys where and when, have undergone drastic changes in the last two weeks or so. So here's the call: "When you check in, you need to request the keys for rooms X, and Y, as those rooms have the special keys to the water park associated with them. But those are not the rooms you and the boys will be staying in, you need to pass the actual room keys for rooms X and Y on to person so and so (whom I have never met before in my life, and nobody can tell me when this person so and so will be arriving at the hotel, nor can anybody seem to figure out what would be a good meeting place). Now you and the boys will be staying in suite A and B, so you need to request the keys for that suite as well, at the same time you are requesting the keys for rooms X and Y. Now the suite is under the name of so and so, and rooms X and Y are under the name of so and so. Did you get all of that?"

Uhm.. no.. I did NOT get all of that... I've been up since 5 am doing cooking, last minute packing, packing coolers with food, sorting the boys supplements, and Potatey has been up with me since 5.30 am 'to help'. Potatey, when he's up and awake, asks questions NON STOP. I was up until midnight last night taking care of some work stuff, so my processing speed is not too good. So shoot me, but I got *testy* with the person making all these last minute changes (granted, the suite will be very nice... ). I am going to be traveling with two kids with challenges, and both have been obsessing pretty much non stop since Friday morning about the water park. So once we get to our destination, all the boys are going to want to do is get in their swim suits and run into the water park. So how well do you think it'll go over with them that they have to wait while I straighten out the, complicated, room/water park access arrangements above? Yup, meltdown and tantrums waiting to happen..


Why oh why not associate the water park keys with the suite, and add my name to the suite reservation??? (and the other person who needs the room keys to rooms X and Y can sort THAT out directly through the front desk instead of having to come look for me)

Yes, I am VERY frustrated. Am I overreacting? Tell me if I am...


My thing is my life is complicated, traveling with the boys is complicated, going to unfamiliar places with the boys is complicated. Is it that much to ask that things are kept relatively easy and straight forward? Once again, if you want to have something done right, you got to do it yourself...

I am aware of the fact that, under *normal* circumstances I would have been able to adjust to and deal with the 'complicated room situation' described above without missing a beat. Let's just say that all the frustrations around the *ever changing arrangements and situations* with this trip/event came to a boiling point and the lid blew off my temper.

Ah well, back to cooking, packing and supplement mixing. Once we're all in the car (it's about an hour drive), THEN I'll start making some phone calls to get this all sorted..

8:35 AM. ANOTHER SET OF CHANGES. Sigh.
And an "Oh by the way, there is an age limit for kids to be able to get on the bigger, more exciting stuff. They have to be 6." Well, I guess that means that Potatey is going to have an early birthday... there is no way that Salamander is going to go on the bigger, crazier stuff without me. And there is no way I'm leaving Potatey behind/alone.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, June 28, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, first of all, I don't think you are overreacting. Second, better you than me. My threshold for situations such as this is very low.

Hopefully, once you're in and settled and playing in the water, everything will work out! It sounds like such a fun getaway!

Lastly, what happened to the story you put up on your site? I was planning on reading it with my morning cup of coffee... and it's gone. Dammit!

I had to leave the house for most of the day yesterday to take Charlie in for blood work (congested liver, anemia, metals on the move, seizure meds causing probs... it was quite the day), so I didn't have a chance to read your story while it was up. Again, dammit.

 
At 1:40 PM, June 28, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:55 PM, June 28, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

Story back up.. so sorry to hear about Charlie.. I'll send you some suggestions via email re: congested liver (was definitely an issue for Salamander for a loooooong time).

Situations as described got even crazier once we got here and I tried to check in.. Sigh...But all got resolved and we are settling in.

Boys are having a little rest (they've been ripping through the resort hotel like Energizer Bunnies on steroids), and then off to the water park we go.

More later..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home