Thursday, June 26, 2008

Away We Will Go...

So this is where the boys and I will be for part of Saturday and Sunday.

The boys are super excited, they are really looking forward to romping as long as they possibly can get away with in the Water Park.

Me? I'm a bit apprehensive...the hotel accommodations themselves do NOT have any cooking facilities, not even a microwave (I have requested a refrigerator). Obviously I'll have to bring all of the boys foods and drinks with me anyway. But not being able to heat anything up will mean I have to get creative. Ah well, we'll have breakfast at home on Saturday morning, and we'll be back for dinner on Sunday evening, so really all I have to worry about is Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast and Sunday lunch. And of course I'll have to schlepp all of the boys' supplements with me. And yes, I'm a bit worried about what a prolonged exposure to an indoor, most likely heavily chlorinated, pool environment will do to their transulphuration pathways. And yes, I'm a bit worried about how the boys will do sleeping in a different environment (it's not a given that they'll just go right off to sleep). And yes, I'm a bit worried about how Salamander will transition (new environment, different routine, sensory overload, etc).

But other than that, I'm not worrying about a thing! LOL

So how did we end up here? Now that's a long and complicated story, and a story I really don't want to get into....

I need to practice positive thinking: everything will go just fine, the boys will have a great time and we will not run into any food or overexposure to chlorine issues.

OOOOOHHHHHHMMMMMMM

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, June 26, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your weekend destination looks incredible! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

As far as the food part, it's always a bitch for us too. I have been considering investing in a portable hot plate for our upcoming trip to Texas.

 
At 5:49 PM, June 26, 2008 , Blogger Petra said...

And this is the woman who called herself *an idiot* earlier today?

Your portable hot plate suggestion is, as my British friends would say, "Bloody Brilliant."

I am definitely going to invest in one of those as well (did manage to procure a microwave in the hotel room!!).

I'll bring my computer and I'll try to *live blog* (ala Kim S). If I can't, then the adventures will definitely go 'up' when we get back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home