Sunday, August 03, 2008

Michelle O'Neil wrote a beautiful post today.
And I wish her and Riley much happiness and joy as they start their new story.

I hope that at some point Salamander and I can start a similar, next part, of our journey.

Here's a comment I wrote on Michelle's blog in response to her post. I don't know if she'll post it (as her blog is moderated and I am only an infrequent visitor/poster), so I am posting it here as well:

Good for you, good for you, GOOD for you!!! (and Riley too).

I can't say I am where you are yet.. and my Salamander is bit older than your Riley. I certainly no longer *point the finger at environmental cause X or Y* as Salamander's situation is so way more complicated than that. I do continue to have a great deal of anger toward the medical professionals that missed all of Salamander's physical ailments.

And that is exactly also where the *tragic* part for me still comes into play. The *straight autism* pieces don't worry me or upset me as much - Salamander has made such incredible progress there over the past year that I DO now feel that he has a very good chance at leading a happy and fulfilled life (however he may choose to define that as he grows up).

But it's the physical ailments part - the, still somewhat unpredictable, waxing and waning of physical symptoms that I do perceive as tragic. No 10 year old boy should not have enough energy to play, no 10 year old boy should have so much pain in his bones and muscles that every movement hurts. No 10 year old boy should, at times feel so anxious and so *out of control*, that he cannot bare the thought of leaving his room (yes, today is one of *those* days).

Is the above related to *autism*, or *caused by vaccines*? Probably not.

What IS all of this caused by? I don't know yet, but heavy metal toxicity, mitochondrial dysfunction and neurotransmitters that go *kooky* with barely a moment's notice do have a lot to do with it. We still have many layers of *the onion* to peel. And until I figure out what all the layers are, yes, I will continue to feel that some of what Salamander has to deal with IS tragic.

Anyhow, that's my journey and path to figure out, eh?

I am so glad to you and Riley are setting your first steps on the next part of your journey. Am looking forward to reading all about it and learn.

And I hope to, at some point, to be able to start a similar journey.

Blessings

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, August 03, 2008 , Blogger Tori said...

Hi Petra. I saw your comment about Lend4Health on Charlie in Wonderland and wanted to say hi. Thanks for your interest in/support of Lend4Health.

I will link to you from my other blog, http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com.

(And for anybody reading this who wants to see Lend4Health, it's over at http://lend4health.blogspot.com)

Thanks!
Tori :)

 
At 10:09 PM, August 03, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings to you too Petra. I hope you got some sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home