Monday, September 22, 2008

So Worried...

9:15 am Sept 23 2008 - NO NEWS YET. Will post as soon as I know more....Boys are getting increasingly worried too (they know a little bit about the situation - they were with me when I got the original call, and then of course there are the changes in after-school care arrangements today)...

I'm going to try and stay off the web as much as I possibly can today.. I have a lot of stuff to get done, and big difficulties in maintaining focus (and attempting to kick my *black stuff* habit is certainly NOT helping..), so I need to minimize my *distractions*...


NO NEWS YET ON C.R. I may try to call her later tonite if she doesn't call me first.

But, I DID manage to make it through the day on only two large cups of *the black stuff* as opposed to my usual 15 (there, I said it - and these are 15 LARGE cups...). And man, do I have a bad case of brain fog by now....
And I just got an email with a solid lead for another contracting project (I am in need of more work as my current project load got *thinned* as a result of the recent market shenanigans..).
Silver lining, glass half full, and all that...


My absolutely wonderful friend C.R who helps me take care of Salamander several afternoons a week (she's really become a dear member of my little family over the years) was admitted to the emergency room of the cardiac unit of a large hospital in Boston earlier this afternoon.... She called me real quick from said ER, told me she was having some heart problems and that it would be best if I made alternate care arrangements for Salamander for after-school for at least tomorrow... And that was all she was able to say to me before she had to hang up..

I am so so worried..

I would not have survived the past several years without her always there to be my back-up, to prop me up, to give me the courage to keep going no matter how much sh1t life threw in my way...

Please, please, anybody that pops in here.. send a prayer into The Universe for her.....

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, September 22, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you adore C.R. Please know I have said a prayer for her and am sending you a thought or two as well.

Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home